Monday 23 February 2015

Letter To My Right Breast

14th November, 2013

I post to my Facebook wall:

Dear Right Breast,

I'm very disappointed in you. I thought we were friends. Did I ever insult you? No, I think you'll find I was rather nice to you, and have appreciated you for most of my adult life. If you don't count those awkward teen years, at least, and honestly, I thought we were over that. You never looked the sort to hold a grudge, but obviously I misjudged you.

All of which begs the question: why are you trying to kill me?

You just wait, bee-atch. I'll show you who's boss.

Yours sincerely,

Gilly xx

I feel a little stronger today, but it's fragile.  I keep forgetting, for very short periods, that I have cancer.  I get on with the busyness of life - shopping, playing with my son - and then it hits me again, and every time it does, a profound exhaustion washes over me and I have to sleep.

I think my brain is shutting down, to avoid dealing with this.  I can't say I blame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment